What’s SharePoint Client Side Rendering?
SharePoint client side rendering refers to the client side scripting that takes care of the rendering of list views, forms and behaviours. In addition, you might also implement a degree of business logic. Anyhow, let’s not go too deep into explanation – the fact that you’re here suggests you already know what it is. For those of you that are not too familiar, this is an excellent intro – https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/620110/SharePoint-Client-Side-Rendering-List-Views
How Typescript helps
- It’s modular – I’ve tried, to some extent, to keep the classes separate from one and other to improve development workflow and maintainability. Add and remove them as you need to.
- Intellisense! Yes, that’s right, intellisense for many of the SharePoint JSOM objects that are available for you to use.
Get the code
I’m not a developer (far from it) but I do like to familiarise myself with new concepts, that way I can better better help and advise our partners and customers. With this in mind, it’s highly likely that the more developer-minded of you out there will look at my code and shudder; and that’s fine. It is most likely far from best practice, but as I’ve already said, it’s a starting point and I hope saves time for somebody.
GitHub Repo – https://github.com/JasonDunbar/SharePoint-CSR-TS
Never miss an update by following us and subscribing to our monthly newsletter!
Latest posts by Jason Dunbar (see all)
- Digital Transformation in the Human Workplace - June 16, 2017
- SharePoint Client Side Rendering in TypeScript - January 20, 2017
- Typescript in Bash on Ubuntu on Windows using Visual Studio Code - May 24, 2016