You might have heard the term Customer Journey Mapping in keynotes, on social media or during a meeting. In a nutshell Customer Journey Mapping tells the story of your customers interacting with your company’s touchpoints during their entire lifecycle (e.g. Clicking on a Twitter Ad, with a smartphone, to learn more about your product).
Thereby identifiying sources, contexts, needs and expectations of your customers in their different stages of the lifecycle. These different dimensions of insights can be gained by conducting user research and working with personas. Once these have been established you can get going.
Here is what creating a Customer Journey Map can look like in action:
While this activity looks and sounds pretty straight forward getting started might turn out to be trickier than imagined. The difficulty is always to put yourself into your customers shoes. However if you’re not sure what it entails and how you can get started. Here are a three resources that should enable you to create your first Customer Journey Map:
- Paul Boag’s piece called “All You Need To Know About Customer Journey Mapping” on Smashing Magazine should give you a general overview of the topic.
- Over on DesigningCX.com you can find a dedicated page for the creation of a CX Journey Mapping Toolkit.
- If you wonder how the output of a Customer Journey Mapping should look like, you should visit this Pinterest board, which provides you with a ton of ideas how to create one.
Never miss an update by following us and subscribing to our monthly newsletter!
Latest posts by Daniel Truninger (see all)
- Atos Consulting Ski Resort Study 2018 - February 28, 2018
- How to better connect with your users in your next digital project - October 5, 2017
- How to decide if you should use a Microsite or Landing Page - March 8, 2017